Wednesday, September 21, 2016

If you go on this ride with me, you're going to need a seatbelt!

The last few posts have been a little down. 
But not intentionally. I mean I didn't start out thinking "hmmm, how can I make everyone depressed".

I look at blogging as a diary that you share. You write what's in your heart at the time. Sometimes  it's a lot of gunk clogging your arteries. 

For me Blogging is soul cleansing. 

As I was lying in bed last night I was thinking about life. My life. I have a great life. A really good son and an amazing supportive husband back me up. I've gone through a lot of crap in my childhood and regardless of how good life is now, sometimes the past just has a way of smacking you in the face.

For me, it's when I venture out of my comfort zone. And what a wonderful little piece of heaven I live in...until I start thinking about my goals.

Sometimes goals stink! They make you move even, or especially, when you don't want to. I want to finish something I started a long time ago, but that meant stepping away from what I feel comfortable doing. 

Those of us who struggle with a less than optimal childhood drag a lot of discomfort along with us. So when we find our zone of comfort, our place we fit, the place where we finally feel we belong, and maybe the one place where we aren't told all the time how inadequate we are, we don't want to leave it.

I was a good para, I take good care of my house, my son (even though he has his own place now) and my husband, but it was time to move. The GOAL struck me.

So I signed up for classes, my son gave me one of his old book bags, and I filled it with books and my laptop, and off to school I went.

Reality check time! I mentioned before about not being in school much as a child, talk about a fish out of water. I felt like I had been hit with a live tuna. I don't know how many of you have been hit by a tuna, I haven't actually, but I can only imagine it feels like going back to college in your 50s with a bunch of teenagers as classmates.

So stick around my blogs won't always be on the down side of life. Life really is good. My blogs reflect my mood at the time I write it.

As Betty Davis said in All About Eve, "fasten your seat belts it's going to be a bumpy night", only in my case it's going to be a bumpy ride! And that's okay. 

Another great quote is from Parenthood the movie when grandma tells Steve Martin that "life is like a roller coaster". And it is. So if you want to go on this ride with me you are going to need a seat belt!

1 comment:

  1. Well said, my friend! A little teary eyed. It's so interesting to read your words because most of the time I stuff my feelings and keep moving forward because that is what the world expects. Your words are like a fresh breeze on my tired heart. I love you!!! You are my hero!!! Oh, and your pup is really sweet!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete