Friday, September 16, 2016

Directions anyone??

I left class today and walked from the valley toward my car. The valley is simply that...




A little sunken area of land nestled in the middle of the college. Scholarly buildings guard the shaded seating areas in silent reverence. Anderson University is not a large campus and it has quiet charm just as you'd expect. 



It is really a lovely campus.

Sometimes I like to just walk around The Valley on my way to class or afterward. It's only about half a mile round trip from the center of The Valley to my car, but as you can see from the picture the gentle hills make this a very pretty walk.


But as I walked I thought about the class I had just left. Educational psychology. I felt small and unnecessary. I thought education was supposed to make you feel empowered? Why is it then that I only feel more insignificant?

Some days are like that. 

Today is better. As I write about my struggles with my place in intelligent society, I realize that today I don't feel quite as irrelevant. 

No comments:

Post a Comment